Sunday, September 19, 2010

People Are Funny

People certainly are a strange lot, don't you think?





Art Linkletter, (1912-2010) seen below, gave millions of people something to laugh about every week during his many years on television. Mr. Linkletter hosted such shows as "People Are Funny" and "Kids Say The Darndest Things." I don't think I ever heard a negative report on this gentleman, either, unlike many of today's show people.


Art Linkletter 1912~2010

Right now, I'm trying to avoid the heat of summer in the "Inland Empire" of southern California.



A few days ago, it was 107 F degrees, yesterday it was 105 F, and my bedroom was still 88 F degrees at 6:30 this morning. So far this summer, it has been as hot as 112 F degrees here, and as cool as in the low 70s during the daylight hours. Our nights have been from in the 50s to the mid 70s. The temperatures have fluxuated wildly, but then, it's all relative, isn't it?



At the moment, at 7:15 A.M., it's overcast outside, with what appears to be small, puffy clouds that look as if they might be from the outer edges of some tropical storm either in Baja California, or over the Pacific Ocean.



The outside temperature is now 75 F degrees, and it's still 86 inside. Yes, I do have my windows open and the fans are running as well.



Yes, I do have an A/C unit, but I hate air conditioned air. It gives me a headache, so I will just continue to jump in and out of the shower, drink gallons of nice cold herbal tea, and an occasional Coors Light.



It could be worse. I could be living a bit more inland, in Death Valley, where it is not at all unusual to get as hot as 135, and even more, with night-time temperatures being in the 90s, or in the 30s.



See, people are never satisfied. We either complain about the hot, or the cold, or too much rain, or the lack thereof.



Just can't satisfy everyone, can you? We all talk about the weather, but still can't really do much of anything about it.



Makes me think of Art Linkletter, and his old television show, called: "People Are Funny."

Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment