Monday, September 6, 2010

An Anxious Moment (A Fictional Conversation)

Simple Misunderstanding?

Porsche driver getting a speeding ticket
Driver: What did I ddo, Officer?

Police Officer: May I please see your driver's license sir?

Driver: But what did I do, Officer?

Police Officer: Sir, I need to see your driver's license, now please.

Driver: Bbbutt what did I do, Officer?

Police Officer: Your driver's license, sir!

Driver: Shshsure, officer, here it is, bbut, what did I ddo?

Police Officer: Sir, do you know how fast you were going? Did you see that stop sign back there?

Driver: Huh?

Police Officer: Keep your hands on the steering wheel sir, so I can see them, ok?

Driver: Shsure, Officer, but, what stop sign?

Police Officer: Just sit right here, sir, and take your keys out of the ignition, and hand them to me, please.

Police Officer: Just sit there, and I will be right back.

A few minutes later...

Police Officer: Gun in hand... SIR, please step out of the car.

Driver: Hey, aren't you going to just give me a ticket?

Police Officer: Sir, This vehicle is listed as a stolen car, Lean against the roof, and put your hands behind your back, now...

Driver: Bbut Officer, I just borrowed it from a friend. He didn't say it wasn't his.

Police Officer: You're under arrest, speeding, failure to stop at the stop sign, and if you don't cooperate, it will also resisting arrest.

Driver: Bbut Officer, really ssir, I didn't know it was ststolen... Really I didn't.

Police Officer: You'll have time to explain down at the station. Meanwhile, "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...








No comments:

Post a Comment