Monday, September 6, 2010

One Of The Funniest Thing I've Ever Heard From a Child # 2

Hot, hot summer, and a five year old's logic... If only

Hoser!
Ah ha, Another thing Sarita did the same summer she saw a real live monkey in the tree in our back yard. This is one reason I took the monkey thing with a grain of salt.

It was avery hot summer in comparison to our normal summers in Garden Grove, and we only had fans and shower or hoses to help cool off.  I gave Sarita, my five year old daughter a squirt bottle and squirted her off and on with the garden hose to help her cool off a bit, until I could get a "Slip N' Slide so she would be better able to stay somewhat cooler.  In the meantime, the squirt bottle and hose would have to do. Then, I saw her squirting straight up into the air, with the breeze blowing the water away from her body, so she certainly wasn't getting any benefit herself.

She asked me to give her a chair and even my telephone book. I asked her what she needed those for, and she said: "I'm going to spray the sun, so it won't be soo hot." That one caught me off guard. It was really hard to control myself so I wouldn't make her feel bad laughing at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment