Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Voiceover Actors"

There are very few voiceovers that I pay attention to enough to even know who did them. I know many well known actors do that kind of work, but I have never been interested enough to even care. Now, I have a friend who should actually do a celebrity gossip column, as she can tell you almost anything and everything about just about any celebrity you could name. She never misses the Oscars, or Emmys, or about any other celebrity recognition show that is on TV. 

I know some, who I like their work, but would be hard-pressed to tell you who even starred in many of movies I enjoyed. 

I can tell you that I really liked the animated movie, "Cars," but I could not tell you who did the voiceovers. I loved, what's the name of that animated movie about the lions that was all the rage several years ago? "Lion King," that's it. But I couldn't tell you who did the voices, even though I most likely enjoyed seeing them in movies. 

I know that Billy Crystal does, or did voice-overs, as does Robin Williams, and I can tell you that I liked the movies: "Mrs. Doubtfire," and "City Slickers," but for the most part, I just don't care enough to make a mental note of actors, singers, and their work. I either like it, or I don't. If it's especially good, I may take more interest. I like John Wayne movies, and most movies that Robin Williams does, depending of course, as long as the language doesn't get out of bounds.


I'm sure there are some movies that I am more likely to recall, and maybe even a few of the more well known actors, but I just don't get all that jazzed about that sort of thing. 

When it came to the movie, "War of the Roses," I laughed 'til I had tears streaming down my cheeks, but that is very unusual.


Just remember, Roses
and divorces have thorns

No comments:

Post a Comment