Sunday, January 2, 2011

What I Want to be Remembered For

Peaceful Oriental Garden
After I am dead and gone, I would like to be remembered for being a kind, loving and generous person. I would also hope that I would be remembered for maintaining my integrity to my Heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and trying to live up to his principles and laws to the best of my ability; That I did so out of love and respect for Him and his Son, Christ Jesus, and that I did my very best to follow in Jesus' footsteps that he left as an example for us to follow.

I would also hope that I would be fondly remembered for not expecting others to do things which I would not also do. Integrity means so very much. We are only as good as our word, for if we cannot be depended upon to keep our word, then nothing we say will have meaning or value.

Most importantly, I would hope to be remembered by our Heavenly Father, who alone holds the power over life and the resurrection. For his promise is that once the wickedness of this present system of things is gone, he will awaken those in the memorial tombs, so they too could see that he is really alive and that he cares, and that he has wiped the earth clean, so mankind could have a new beginning that Jesus, his most beloved Son died for, so people could again gain perfection that was lost though the sin of Adam.

John 5:28, 29; 1 Corinthians 15:20-22; Acts 17:31; John 11:25; Romans 5:19.

No comments:

Post a Comment