Saturday, January 22, 2011

If I Could Work from Anywhere, I'd Live in...



Mountain Home
While I am fine with where I live, I would rather be living in another state rather than in California. I have lived in Ohio, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and for a short time, even in Rosarito Beach (Playas de Rosarito, B.C., Mexico). I have also stayed for a short time in Acapulco, and in Mexico City, as well. 

Mexico City has an interesting history, and many rather ancient ruins, it also has way too many people and traffic for my taste. I really liked Acapulco, and hated leaving there. we were there in August of 1979, so I am sure things have changed a lot since then. In Acapulco most people had coconut trees in their yards, which produced fruit, and even banana trees, as well papaya trees with wonderfully large fruit. The papayas there were much larger than what we can buy in our markets. Mangos also grew larger there as the weather and humidity was much more tropical there.


Happy Horse
Where would I like to live if I did not stay where I live? Once not many months ago, I wrote to a Plinky.com prompt about where I would like to live if I had a choice of places. It really doesn't matter what state it would be, as long as I had a few acres on a slightly higher elevation. I would love a place with some hills, and area to raise my own vegetable and fruit, including apples, oranges, avocados, lemons, as well as berries, such as blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries, as well as many more species of fruit and berries. I would also like a cellar for storage of tubers that I had raised, and a place for my horses and sheep and goats to graze, so they wouldn't have to eat stored hay so much as most livestock now does.

I would love to have a small river or stream running though my property, as well as a small lake to provide plenty of drinking water for my livestock, and a wonderful place to swim and/or take my small boat. I would maybe still do my online writing, as that could be sent by a satellite connection. I would be off the grid, having my own solar and wind driven source of electricity for my needs. I would also have space for friends and family to live, just far enough away that we would each have our privacy, yet be close enough to visit and share good times, with family gatherings, and some meals together, while sharing crops we would have grown.


No comments:

Post a Comment