Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Different Recipe I Ad Libbed and Mastered

Chicken L' Orange, my way.

"chicken l'orange"
I think this one was about thirty-five years ago. I kept hearing about "chicken l'orange," and though I had never seen it, much less eaten or prepared it, I decided it couldn't be all that difficult. Chicken and orange juice, and some orange zest, along with mushrooms, and some oriental style vegetables. OK, I just played it by ear, and took my hints from the aroma and the appearance, and to this day, I have not eaten "chicken l'orange" from any other source. My family liked it. I liked it, as did my friends. So, I still don't know if I made it like a real chef would make it, but it satisfied us, and still does every now and then.
Fresh Oranges
Kitchen Experimenting

I must apologize for photo, as I don't think this is very appetizing in appearance, but it's the only photo that showed up when I entered chicken l'orange. I even searched my computer, hoping to find a photo that was a little more pleasing tot he eye, but no such luck, as they say. So, I guess you will just have to use your imagination.

Play it by nose and ear
Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment