Sunday, December 5, 2010

If I Could Only Eat One Meal the Rest of My Life

That's about what I already do... See?
Healthy Oriental Meal at a Buffet
If I could only one meal for the rest of my days, that's fairly easy. Actually I pretty much already eat very much like this.

Practically every day, I eat at least one meal consisting of the same group of food items. The real beauty of this is, that it can be prepared in many different ways, therefore creating quite a variety of textures, and flavors. My meals are loaded with plenty of taste, color and they are also visually inviting. Eye appeal and aroma are also important to help get those digestive juices flowing.

I make sure I have an acceptable amount of protein, including some turkey or chicken, nuts in a variety of ways, such as almond butter, or dry roasted almonds, along with some mixed vegetables which include the following: green beans, carrots, mushrooms and onions, cauliflower and broccoli, spinach, tomatoes and and some asparagus. I add garlic and a bit of ground gourmet pepper mix, and top it all off with sliced cucumbers, shredded cheese and extra virgin olive oil. At times I even add in some couscous or raw oatmeal with unsalted sunflower seeds sprinkled on top, or just eaten alone. My dessert is mixed dark berries, with about a tablespoon of semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, the kind are usually in chocolate chip cookies. I also drink lots of green tea and a variety of natural teas from things such as cranberries, pomegranate, jasmine and blueberries.
Eating Healthy!

This is like having a buffet everyday, and I love it, There are many ways I can and do mix or match these same ingredients. Some days I prepare it in a soup, while other times, I do it in a stir fry, or just raw. It's not all just thrown into a big mixing bowl and eaten as is, (well, maybe sometimes it is) but it is always the same ingredients, prepared in a display that adds to it's visual and aromatic appeal.

I can and often do eat like this two to three times a day, and have lost 17 pounds doing so, as well. This meal it loaded with nutrients, and complex carbohydrates, while being low in calories. It gives me plenty of energy, and I don't get nearly as hungry between meals as I would if I lived on such things as commercially produced, highly processed fast meals in a box, that only require added meat, etc.

Doctors and the general public wonder how diets have changed so much that the rate of obesity, Cancer and diabetes have risen to such unacceptable levels, while the answer is right in front of them, on the store shelves, and, in their pantries.
Store isles are stocked with salty,
artificially flavored and colored
ingredients that are slowly killing
us all.
READ THE LABEL AND THINK BEFORE YOU BUY

The prepackaged, mass produced, highly processed "foods," better known as meals in a box, or "hamburger or tuna helper, etc. are so processed that most of the essential vitamins and minerals are nearly stripped out, and replaced with artificially flavored artificial ingredients that resemble cardboard, and are loaded with salt, corn starch, and a host of other chemically loaded additives which most people can't even pronounce.





Good health to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment