Thursday, August 11, 2011

Something to Consider: If You Were an Inanimate Object What Would You Be?

In today's Plinky.com writers' prompt, they asked a not so simple question; If you were an inanimate object, what would you be?
O The Beauty of a Horse Rearing 
If I were an inanimate object, I suppose there might be many possibilities: 

Honestly, I'm not sure I can really decide on just one, or any at all for that matter. 

If I said I would be marble or bronze statue of a horse on it's hind hooves, showing it's power and beauty, that might sound as if I thought I was comparable in beauty or grace. Not so. While there are so very many beautiful things and living creatures in nature, there is no way I could even begin to think I could compare with the beauty found in nature's bounty of living creatures, or plant life, for that matter. 

I think if I really took the time, I could possible desire to be one of many wonderful reproductions of things found in nature. The more I think about it, the more endless are the possibilities. 

In times past, I have gotten irritated at some of the Plinky Prompts submitted for consideration for those who write on Plinky.com. I really like this one, and I may spend considerable time musing about the nearly endless possibilities that drift through my mind today in regard to this prompt. 

In the meanwhile, I think I will stick to my first inclination, the rearing, pawing beauty of a horse, immortalized in marble or bronze.




No comments:

Post a Comment