|Wash drink cans and bottles |
with soap and water before drinking from them
The story said that a woman in Texas had gone boating and taken along some cans of COKE, which she has apparently neglected to wash before putting them in her refrigerator on her boat. Later, she drank COKE from one of the cans, also not washing it before drinking. She ended up in the hospital, and died two or three days later, of Leptospirosis.
This part of the story was false. The person who died was from Hawaii, and he was working in a warehouse where there was rat urine. Rat urine can contain Leptospirosis, which can kill dogs as well as humans.
Like they say, "Better safe than sorry." RIGHT?
Check it out for yourself: SNOPES report on rats and drink containers