Friday, November 19, 2010

Ugh, My Worst-Ever Haircut/perm

Picture this, only with less than 1/4th the length, with very fine hair on a 6 year-old little girl, and that's about as close as I can get to my humiliation in first grade in 1951.


I have no idea where my photo is of my worst hairdo, or haircut. It was when I was six years old in first grade. Picture day was coming and my dear mother gave me a "Toni home perm." I had wavy hair normally, but mom wanted me to have curly hair, and curly, or rather kinky hair, that was way too short was what I got.

I hated it then, and I still hate that picture. If I knew where it was, I would share it, but it was not even cute. I wore a little black skirt with straps, and a white blouse with some lace or ruffles of such, which I also hated. It's a wonder I wasn't crying buckets, but I forced myself to even smile for the camera. I remember it like it was yesterday, and it was 59 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment