Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dick Clark Dead at Age 82

Do you remember American Bandstand
and the Dick Clark Show?
I thought Dick Clark was older than 82.  Let's see, when I was about 11 or 12 years old, I believe is when that show, staring Dick Clark was on TV, in black and white no less.  Mercy, he was only about fifteen years my senior.

Dick Clark was one that everyone called the eternal teenager.  He always seemed to feel young, even long after his show went off the air.  He hosted the "American Bandstand" and "The Dick Clark Show," beginning in 1958.  Even after the show stopped airing, he still hosted "New Year's Rockin' Eve" shows from New Your City, for many years.

Funny, I just never really liked all the racket and whooping and hollering when that show was on, though I certainly know who Dick Clark was.  I even tried to watch it and get used to the show, but it really just wasn't my cup of tea, so to speak.

You may wish to click on the following link for more information and photos of Dick Clark, and read more about his life, and lifestyle, as well.

KFIAM640: Famed TV producer Dick Clark dies at 82. www.kfiam640.com

No comments:

Post a Comment